Nothing is more valuable than the environment in which we live, and few industries are more closely linked with the environment than timber. LPD takes its responsibilities very seriously, striving to make a positive contribution to minimise the impact of its activities on the environment. We are fully committed to upholding the principles of Chain of Custody, aligning ourselves with manufacturers who source their materials from well managed forests.
LPD are wholly committed to the following Environmental Policy:
• To meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company's activities.
• Wherever and whenever economically practicable, endeavour to use environmentally safe materials.
• Where feasible, strive towards the continual reduction of all waste streams, to air, water and land.
• Wherever commercially viable, recycle and reuse any materials that would otherwise go to landfill.
• To regularly monitor energy usage in order to reduce overall consumption.
• To communicate the policy internally and place it in the public domain.
• To establish and regularly review all environmental objectives in respect of this policy.
Being a major force in the timber related industry, we are fully committed to upholding the principles of FSC®, and aligning ourselves with manufacturers who source their materials from well managed forests. We are proud to say that an ever-increasing number of our products are FSC® certified, and as we move forward, this will become more prevalent.
Where items are not currently sourced as FSC® we ensure full due diligence is completed on our supply chain by a third-party partner. We also have full procedures in place to ensure our compliance to the European Union Timber Regulation rules.
LPD's Certificates of Registration are available to download by clicking http://www.lpddoors.co.uk/downloads